Exam Code: 1Z0-403
Exam Name: Enterprise Linux System Administration
The server performance has dropped suddenly and you want to fix the issue. Which three steps would you consider to analyze the system performance? (Choose three.)
A. Use the /proc/cpuinfo file to find the CPU utilization.
B. Use the top command to get the real-time listing of the CPU utilization.
C. Use the pstree command to list all the processes and their CPU utilization.
D. Use the ps -ef command to list all the currently running processes in the system.
E. Use the w command to list all the currently logged in users and view their current running processes.
You have a 2.6.9 kernel on your system. You planned to recompile the kernel to add new features. You performed the following steps on the system:
1. Install the kernel source RPM.
2. Use the rpmbuild command to apply all patches (used in building the new kernel) in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.
3. Edit the /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9/linux-2.6.9/Makefile file to customize the new kernel name.
4. Navigate to the /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.9/linux-2.6.9/ directory and start with a kernel build configuration which is the same as what the currently running kernel is built with.
5. Use the mrproper command to clean up the tree and prepare it for the configuration and build process.
The remaining steps are given below:
6. The kernel image and selected kernel modules would be compiled with the make command.
7. Update the old configuration file so that the missing options now available in this kernel source tree are configured.
8. Copy arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot as the new kernel.
9. Build the initial ramdisk image.
10. Select options for kernel compilation–the various modules and options that can be configured when compiling a kernel.
Identify the remaining steps in the correct sequence.
A. 7, 10, 6, 8, 9
B. 7, 8, 9, 10, 6
C. 7, 10, 6, 9, 8
D. 9, 8, 7, 10, 6
You want to direct all the severity debug messages from the mail facility to the /var/log/syslog file if the local system is named loghost; otherwise to the machine loghost as defined in /etc/hosts, domain name server (DNS), or network information service (NIS). What would you do to achieve this objective?
A. Add the mail.debug ifdef (‘@loghost’, /var/log/syslog, loghost) line to the /etc/syslog.conf file.
B. Add the mail.debug ifdef (‘LOGHOST’, /var/log/syslog, @loghost) line to the /etc/syslog.conf file.
C. Add the mail.debug ifdef (‘LOGHOST’, /var/log/syslog, @loghost) line to the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file.
D. Add the mail.crit;*.debug ifdef (‘loghost’, /var/log/syslog, @loghost) line to the /etc/syslog.conf file
E. Add the mail.crit;*.debug ifdef (‘LOGHOST’, /var/log/syslog, @loghost) line to the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file.
Which two statements are true about kickstart installation? (Choose two.)
A. It can be performed using only network file system (NFS).
B. The Anaconda has to be made aware of the kickstart installation by passing the ks option at the boot: prompt.
C. By default, the kickstart installation sets the same root password if all the systems are set up using the same kickstart file.
D. Omitting any required item during the kickstart file creation would cause the item to be skipped during the kickstart installation without requiring any user intervention.
Match the following PAM services (module types) with the corresponding modules:
1) auth a) modules that update the user’s authentication credentials
2) account b) modules that run code at the start and end of a user’s login
3) session c) authorization modules that determine a user’s access to a service based on things other than the user’s identity
4) password d) authentication modules used to verify the identity of users and grant group memberships
A. 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a
B. 1-d, 2-b, 3-c, 4-a
C. 1-d, 2-a, 3-b, 4-c
D. 1-d, 2-c, 3-a, 4-b
Match the following file system attributes with their functions used for File Access Control Lists (FACLs) in Linux:
1) A a) File can be opened only in append mode for writing.
2) S b) File is automatically compressed on the disk by the kernel.
3) a c) File would not have a partial block fragment at the end of the file merged with other files.
4) c d) When a file is accessed, its atime record is not modified.
5) t e) File is not a candidate for backup when the dump program is run.
6) d f) Equivalent to sync mount option on a filesystem, here for a single file.
A. 1-a, 2-e, 3-d, 4-b, 5-c, 6-f
B. 1-d, 2-c, 3-a, 4-b, 5-e, 6-f
C. 1-a, 2-f, 3-d, 4-e, 5-c, 6-b
D. 1-d, 2-f, 3-a, 4-b, 5-c, 6-e
Which two statements are true about the ifconfig command? (Choose two.)
A. It can be used to show only those interfaces that are active or up.
B. If used without any argument, it prints the currently configured IP address for all the interfaces that are up.
C. It can be used to temporarily enable or disable network interfaces without changing the current network configuration.
D. It can be used in situations when you want to change the IP address of a system and make it persistent across reboots.
A normal user smith is created with 0022 as the default umask. All other normal users have default umask 0002. What does it imply? (Choose all that apply.)
A. The umask value is changed in the /etc/bashrc file.
B. The user smith is created with a private primary group.
C. The user smith is created without a private primary group.
D. The user smith is created with the User Private Group (UPG) scheme disabled.
E. The /etc/login.defs file is configured for user smith to have 0022 as the default umask.
Which four statements are true about the process accounting commands? (Choose four.)
A. The ac command uses the /var/log/wtmp file for logging user logins.
B. The last command uses the /var/log/wtmp file to log login/reboot history.
C. The accton file is normally executed at system bootup or shutdown via system init scripts.
D. The ac command is normally executed at system bootup or shutdown via system init scripts.
E. The lastcomm command uses the /var/log/wtmp file to log commands executed by users.
F. The lastcomm command uses the /var/account/pacct file to log commands executed by users.
Which statements are true about Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Linux? (Choose all that apply.)
A. The root filesystem / can be installed on a Logical Volume.
B. The LVM does not have built-in support for striping and mirroring.
C. Two Volume Groups can be merged together to form a single Volume Group.
D. The Logical Volumes can be extended without even unmounting the filesystems.
E. Physical Volumes can be added as well as removed from an existing Volume Group.
You made a mistake in the crontab entry of issuing the nonexistent command /sbin/shuttdown instead of /sbin/shutdown.
What happens upon execution of the command? (Choose all that apply.)
A. The error messages upon execution of the nonexistent command would be logged to the /var/log/cron file.
B. The error messages upon execution of the nonexistent command would be logged to the /var/log/messages file.
C. The logwatch would send an e-mail to the user, using the crond daemon, with the message "/bin/sh : /sbin/shuttdown: No such command".
D. The logwatch would send an e-mail to the user, using the crond daemon, with the message "/bin/sh : /sbin/shuttdown: No such file or directory".
E. The logrotate would send an e-mail to the user, using the crond daemon, with the message "/bin/sh : /sbin/shuttdown: No such file or directory".
Which two statements are true about the group owner of a process? (Choose two.)
A. The real group owner of a process is the group to which the file belongs.
B. The real group owner of a process is the primary group of the user who started the process.
C. The effective group owner of a process changes according to the group of the files that the process deals with.
D. The effective group owner of a process is usually the primary group of the user who started the process even if the SGID access mode has been applied to the file.
E. The effective group owner of a process is u sually the primary group of the user who started the process, except when SGID access mode hasbeen applied to the file.
Match the Netfilter connection states with their definitions:
1) NEW a) The packet is bogus.
2) RELATED b) The packet matches an ongoing communication.
3) INVALID c) The packet is not a direct part of a tracked connection.
4) ESTABLISHED d) No match in Netfilter’s connection-tracking state engine.
A. 1-d, 2-c, 3-a, 4-b
B. 1-c, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a
C. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-d
D. 1-b, 2-a, 3-d, 4-c
Match the rpm commands with their functions:
1) rpm -U a) removes an existing package
2) rpm -F b) upgrades an existing package, and installs a new package if it is not already installed
3) rpm -I c) causes the package to be upgraded only if it is already installed but not to be installed if it is not currently installed
4) rpm -e d) keeps the existing package and installs a new one
A. 1-b, 2-c, 3-d, 4-a
B. 1-b, 2-a, 3-c, 4-d
C. 1-c, 2-d, 3-a, 4-b
D. 1-c, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a
You set userquota on the /home file system on station1.example.com. All users on the system use quota successfully. You have created a new user smith and set userquota by using the setquota smith 51200 61440 0 0 /home command. smith is able to create files in excess of these limits and when you enter the quota smith command, the system reports:
Disk quotas for user smith (uid 555) : none
What would you do to fix this problem and set the quota successfully for smith without causing any changes to the existing quotas of other users?
A. Run the quotaon /home command to set quota on for the /home file system.
B. Run the edquota -u smith command to set quota for smith on the /home file system.
C. Run the quotacheck command with the -c option on the /home file system to update the aquota.user database file.
D. Run the quotacheck command with the -b option on the /home file system to update the aquota.user database file.
E. Run the quotacheck command with -cmu options on the /home file system after removing the aquota.user file that exists.
If you want to pass Oracle 1Z0-403 successfully, donot missing to read latest lead2pass Oracle 1Z0-403 practice tests.
If you can master all lead2pass questions you will able to pass 100% guaranteed.
Why Choose Lead2pass?
If you want to pass the exam successfully in first attempt you have to choose the best IT study material provider, in my opinion, Lead2pass is one of the best way to prepare for the exam.
|One Time Purchase||✔||✖||✖||✖||✖|
|100% Pass Guarantee||✔||✖||✖||✖||✖|
|100% Money Back||✔||✖||✖||✖||✖|